The Principal Business Systems Architect will be responsible for ensuring that Hilton's digital technology can be utilized by customers with disabilities.
What will I be doing?
The Principal Business Systems Architect will be responsible for participating in all digital delivery efforts, serving as the advocate for our customers with various disabilities (vision, hearing, motor, cognitive, etc.). The Principal Business Systems Architect will be expected to possess superior working knowledge of accessibility standards and practices utilized to achieve compliance with the WCAG 2.0 standards published by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
Other key priorities are listed below:
- Serve as the Subject Matter Expert on all strategic and tactical applications regarding digital accessibility
- Responsible for leading internal and/or external teams in their efforts to design, develop, test, deliver and maintain target accessibility standards
- Review and understand all new digital features and provide guidance to the Delivery team on the recommended approaches for delivering at the highest compliance level possible
- Responsible for identifying the necessary tools and training required to improve the team's ability to deliver digital experiences that are accessible by all users
- Responsible for tracking the compliance level of Hilton's digital technology using a combination of tools, scans and user interactions
- Must understand the assistive technologies currently available for our customers, the technologies used to measure compliance, and to remain up to speed on innovations in both
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with focus and precision
- Ability to effectively facilitate team discussions across multiple locations
- Ability to work respectively and sensitively with diverse populations
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience working in the digital accessibility discipline
- A minimum of six (6) years of managerial experience
- Proven understanding of W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, ADA, Section 508 and evolving accessibility standards
- Experience developing accessible digital products and web content
- Proven knowledge of accepted accessibility patterns and best practices
- Proven ability to offer technical solutions, training and guidance to web developers, designers, and software engineers
- Experience conducting manual accessibility testing including the use of screen reader technology (JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver)
- Experience with automated accessibility testing tools and how to interpret and prioritize results
- Ability to travel as required (15%)
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS Master's Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in the digital accessibility discipline
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience at the Director level
- Prior experience in the Hospitality industry
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!