Provide support in the development and implementation of process improvement initiative and in problem solving using CPI toolsets.
Provides program analysis support for efficiency and effectiveness within the organization, assisting and identifying causes of systemic inefficiencies and isolating them through the use of CPI methodologies such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Theory of Constraints.
Essential Job Functions:
• As a fully qualified Black Belt (BB), be capable of independently performing all of the functions required with little to no supervision.
• As a journeyman CPI practitioner and technical expert, facilitate cross-functional and multi-discipline initiatives, working with team leads to prioritize work, assign actions, direct/coordinate the efforts of assigned team members, develop project schedules, review work, and report status.
• Train individuals in CPI principles and toolsets, including providing Yellow Belt, Green Belt, and Project Sponsor training in support of the deployment of CPI across all of the JPO. Conduct process improvement training and consulting during the execution of CPI activities, applying the principles of Lean, Six Sigma and Theory of Constraints and other methods appropriate to the topic.
• Mentor Green Belts and, in some cases, more junior BBs, in such toolsets as Theory of Constraints, Kaizen/Lean principles, DMAICV (Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control-Validate), DFLSS (Design for Lean-Six Sigma), DMADV (Define-Measure-Analyze-Design-Verify), for example.
• Apply process analysis and flow analysis with advanced process improvement techniques, such as value stream mapping and simulations, to investigate organizational operations to identify improvements.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the areas of process improvement.
• Conduct studies, technical surveys, tracking, analysis, and prepares reports and recommendations for assessments and identified process improvements in the operating and organizational effectiveness of the area assigned.
• Perform analytical studies and incorporate customer input on major processes in order to continually improve the core functional processes of the Command. Requirements Due to the sensitivity of customer related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required.
A BS or BA degree or an MS or MA degree.
At least ten (10) years of experience in program management, technical, or business analysis discipline, related to weapon systems acquisition and life cycle management; and a minimum of six (6) years out of 10 years of recent work experience related to analysis and planning.
Accredited Black Belt (BB) training and qualification within the past ten (10) years and experience in DoD applications such as at NAVAIR AIRSpeed Offices or equivalent A minimum of three (3) out of the past five years must be practical and implementation experience.
Mastery of process improvement techniques to include but not limited to: Lean, Six Sigma, Theory of Constraints, benchmarking, metric/statistical analysis, process management and improvement, and process flow charting. Certified as a CPI practitioner at the journeyman level.
Knowledgeable with DoD Directive (DODD) 5010.42, DoD-Wide Continuous Process Improvement/Lean Six Sigma Program, and SAE AS9100D Quality Management Systems – Requirements for Aviation, Space, and Defense Organizations.
Possess a high degree of self-initiative, and the ability to work independently and function as part of an interdisciplinary team.
Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to develop and effectively present informational briefs, project papers, marketing materials and training to diverse audiences.
General knowledge of Navy/Air Force processes/organization.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Approximately once per month.
- DCS Corp is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Male/Female/Veterans/Pay Transparency Employer.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.