Location: Riverwoods (IL)
Functional Area: Marketing
Min Pay Rate:: 0.00
Max Pay Rate: 0.00
Pay Type: Year
Resource Type: Full Time
The E-Business Digital User Experience team owns, maintains, and manages the digital experience for Discover.com and the mobile app. The Digital User Experience team is responsible for the overall cohesion of Discovers digital properties, particularly around the visual and functional consistency throughout the experiences. As part of the Marketing organization, the team focuses on how best to represent the Discover brand to our customers while providing them with a best-in-class web and app experience for interacting with Discover.
The Project Manager, Business & Content Strategy will be responsible for not only working with business partners to develop content strategies based on their business objectives, but also collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage digital project delivery.
More specifically, the Project Manager, Business & Content Strategy will:
- Oversee content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project lifecycle.
- Create and maintain editorial calendars, style guides taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans.
- Management of Discovers website change request (WSCR) approval process to make holistic content changes on adhoc and feature related requests
- Serve as liaison between the Business, external agencies, and Technology to provide leadership and shepherd work through the project lifecycle
- Work closely with Business Owner and Technology partners to prioritize features and functionality
- Participate in Agile sessions in order to develop detailed user stories and gather requirements for webpage and App enhancements and new functionality
- Track project milestones, dependencies and budget, raise risks, resolve conflicts, address bottlenecks and negotiate where needed; anticipate and balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Ensure all browser and app online style guide and brand guidelines are followed throughout design process
- Promoting a risk-aware culture, ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
Required Experience/ Skills:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of content writing experience, content strategy and/or agency experience preferred
- 4+ years of project management work experience, digital project management experience preferred
- Proven passion for delivering best-in-class digital user experiences
- Prior experience successfully managing cross-functional projects; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, adapt to changing priorities and work under deadlines
- Prior experience in gathering insights from data to provide proactive recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to coach, manage change, collaborate across groups and influence others
- Detail-oriented, with excellent problem solving skills
- Track record of delivering high standard of service and quality control
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Experience/ Skills:
- Familiarity with Agile Methodology
- Understanding of financial services industry
See job description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.