BUILD YOUR FUTURE…WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Risk Control Leader Job Summary
- 110,319.00 - 126,866.00 - 143,414.00
The Risk Control Leader is responsible for the operation, performance, and results of a team of Risk Services field staff. This role ensures that Westfield's Risk Control guidelines, policies, procedures, and high standards of performance and customer satisfaction are achieved. The Risk Services Leader also supports the development and execution of the Risk Services strategic vision and annual plan. Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Leads the operation, performance, and results of a team of Risk Services field staff.
2. Ensures that Westfield's Risk Control guidelines, policies, procedures, and high standards of performance and customer satisfaction are achieved.
3. Supports the development and execution of the Risk Services strategic vision and annual plan.
4. Manages Risk control Representatives, Senior Risk Control Representatives, Risk Control Consultants and Claims Service Consultants for their assigned division ensuring field support of corporate and departmental goals and objectives.
5. Performs human capital management responsibilities including employee selection, performance management, coaching, and development. Manages priorities and workload distribution, and removes barriers that impede progress. Completes all personnel, salary administration, and reporting duties.
6. Performs operational responsibilities that drive team performance and the achievement of service level agreements including planning, execution, process improvement and best-practice sharing.
7. Responsible for the Risk Services support, service level, and demonstrated impact to the loss ratio and profitability of Commercial Lines with an emphasis on Middle Market and Specialty Lines customers throughout assigned operating territory. This includes development and implementation of assigned initiatives that align with strategic vision of department. Oversees the execution of the annual plan to ensure desired results. Provides ongoing measurement of progress and ensures that corrective actions are taken when appropriate.
8. Builds and maintains respectful and trusting relationships with internal business partners. Collaborates with others in the department and company to synchronize and execute business strategies, plans, and objectives.
9. Travels regularly with field personnel to evaluate, develop, and coach. This may involve traveling on short notice or other daily driving duties as assigned regardless of location.
10. Prioritizes and manages the development of department initiatives, products and services.
11. Effectively applies quality assurance processes that demonstrate progress in the department's consistency and meets or exceeds department QA standards.
12. Works on projects, as assigned, and participate in key business meetings in assigned territory. Participates and adds value to collaborative sessions on high premium, complex risks. Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Minimum of 5 years' experience as a Loss Control Representative.
2. Minimum of 10 years' of loss control and/or industry related experience.
3. Proven ability to interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
4. Demonstrated creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
5. Demonstrated advanced analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
6. Proven ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
7. Demonstrated excellent communication skills particularly in report/letter writing and oral presentations.
8. Demonstrated sales and negotiation skills.
9. Bachelor's degree or commensurate experience.
10. Holds a current professional designation or is working towards obtaining one (e.g. Certified Safety Professional, Associate in Risk Management, or Associate in Loss Control Management.)
11. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards. Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to travel and work overtime as needed.
* Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
* Ability to lift a minimum of up to 35 lbs.
* Ability to climb ladders and stairs. This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.