The Robotics Technician III will be working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. The Robotics Technician III is expected to be a subject matter expert within the department and will act as a lead/mentor to junior Robotics Technicians.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude: Consider past work, hobbies, training, etc to reveal the entry level mechanic's aptitude for basic troubleshooting and repairs
- Ambitious and eager to learn - desire to learn Robotics - chosen candidates will be receive additional on the job training for the specific type of robot.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule, and logistically support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Skilled trade training or equivalent technical expertise in Industrial Maintenance or Robotics
- Act as a role model for safe work practices.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior technicians
- Act as a mentor for junior technicians and provide training as required.
- Maintain and troubleshoot electrical and mechanical systems to Robotic System
- Provides advanced troubleshooting support including diagnosing and repair complex problems within the fleet.
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot control components, photo eyes, proximity sensors, servo drives, tachs and encoders
- Knowledge of the Ethernet communication modules.
- Mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and direction to help them achieve their goals Ability
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and maintaining material handling equipment
- Assists Service Technicians repairing and to provide enriched feedback to enhance individual performance
- Completing preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures
- Perform battery changes, and preventive maintenance on batteries
- Ability to do e-mail communication and date entry for database
- Enter downtime data in daily log, complete PM sheets
- Electrical, knowledge of basics components
- Troubleshooting. Ability to ID problems and understand resources, needed to resolve them
- Tracking and storing the departments inventory, including spare parts
- Supporting continuous improvement in department
- Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
- Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
- Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
OPERATION SUPPORT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Promoting and conduct good housekeeping practices
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Flexibility with work hours and days. (7 days a week operation, including holidays)
- Dedicated to supporting production by working in a safe, customer focused manner. Must be highly self-motivated.
- Tech school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics
- 5 to 7 years of experience in Automated systems and controls
- Electrical knowledge of basics components.
- Electrical and electronic principles
- Preventative maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of PLC programs
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and work load
- Troubleshooting, able to ID and understand the resources needed to resolve them
- Proven ability to work successfully with little supervision
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, (written and verbally) with peers, management, contractors and vendors
- PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms, and Windows OS
- Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and robots
- Good mechanical and technical aptitude
- Curious nature with a desire to learn, repair and troubleshoot material handling equipment (MHE)
About JLL JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. JLL is a Fortune 500 company with, as of December 31, 2015, revenue of $6.0 billion and fee revenue of $5.2 billion, more than 280 corporate offices, operations in over 80 countries and a global workforce of more than 70,000. On behalf of its clients, the company provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. As of September 30, 2016, its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.7 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com. JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas. As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business. Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do. Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are: * A "best company to work for' in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong * World's Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years * America's 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine * #1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. Information Security Statement Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm's corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm's information technology are expected to follow the firm's guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL's commitment to equal opportunity.