A Room Service Manager is responsible for managing room service operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while training staff, optimising sales, and controlling costs.
What will I be doing?
As a Room Service Manager, you is responsible for managing room service operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Room Service Manager will also be required to manage, train, and develop team members and optimise sales and control costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Provide effective leadership to the Room Service teams to ensure targets are met and exceeded both for the hotel and individual development
- Ensure compliance of brand standards
- Evaluate guest satisfaction levels with a focus on continuous improvement
- Aware of trends and propose ideas to build the range and quality of Food and Beverage
- Optimise sales and contain costs, identifying any areas for action
- Set achievable budgets and other short- and long-term functional goals
- Maintain consistent communication with Training and Development department to ensure teams at all levels are trained and developed through the use of structured training calendars
- Maintain strong internal control environment and compliance to hotel/company policies and procedures
What are we looking for?
A Room Service Manager serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Effective management skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience within the hospitality industry
- Previous experience managing payroll, budgets and forecasting
- Commercial and industry knowledge
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!