Lead and manage the Safety Specialists to ensure they meet the needs and expectations of our internal and external customers. In addition, develop safety programs and policies to enhance safety and compliance for our customers and branches. Communicate across departments in the organization to encourage safe performance. Build professional rapport to positively influence diverse groups with both internal and external customers.
- Lead, train, develop and manage the Safety Specialists to ensure they are productive, efficient and well versed in OSHA and DOT regulations
- Develop safety related policies
- Develop and recommend consistent strategies for the prevention of accidents and injuries
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and FMCSA regulations.
- Manage, improve and coordinate company compliance metrics and efforts to include CSA scores.
- Establish metrics, monitor and analyze the efforts of the Safety Specialists and the performance of the branches, districts and areas
- Coordination of safety management efforts across all districts and areas
- Cohesive integration of health and safety into operations
- Review, address and resolve customer inquiries and complaints
- Ensure accountability of direct reports through performance measurement
- Other projects as assigned by the Director of Safety
- Bachelors degree required, major areas of study in Environmental Health and Safety, Logistics, Operations Management, Risk Management, or related degree preferred
- Board certified safety professional, ARM or CSP preferred
- 10 to 15 years total experience including five years management/supervisory experience preferred in transportation distribution environment
- 10 to 15 years total experience including five years safety management with policy development and regulatory compliance experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects, establish priorities and accomplish objectives required
- Must be able to interact, influence and partner with many departments
- Commitment to excellence in the safety profession is required
- Ability to travel up to 15%, including overnight travel, is required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
Work Location: 2675 Morgantown Rd Reading PA 19603
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs more than 29,000 people, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit http://www.GoPenske.com to learn more.