The Sales Representative Field achieves maximum sales growth, profitability and account conversion, penetration and retention within an assigned territory. The representative is responsible for developing assigned territory based sales plans that maintain and build customer relationships by establishing Compact Power as the preferred rental equipment vendor.
- Execute all steps of the sales process for all accounts, including building and delivering prospects, sales planning, cold calling, development of sales strategy, executing negotiation of contracts/pricing and closing.
- Partner with Compact Power field and corporate colleagues on high-opportunity conversion and market penetration opportunities.
- Leverage internal resources such as VIP Contact Center, credit and field leadership to maximize time spent in front of customers.
- Conduct administrative activity to ensure up-to-date account data. Report accurate pipeline and sales related activity to management on a frequent basis and follow all CRM requirements. Prepare sales reports, expenses and contact reports.
- Help build Compact Power Equipment brand identity.
- Travel 30%-35%
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated skills and abilities in account selling, cold calling and territory account management.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience.
- Strong sales acumen and record of achievement.
- Must be exceptionally self-disciplined, independent and possesses strong work ethic, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Effective in both new account closing and ongoing relationship management.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize sales time in relation to account opportunity.
- Experience teaming with other functional resources to address new opportunities.
- Knowledge of construction equipment commonly used in the rental industry (skid steers, mini excavators, tractor/loader/backhoes, mini skid steers, boom lifts, scissor lifts, brush chippers, and trenchers).
- Proficient computer skills include Microsoft Office Suite, Dynamics CRM, Excel, smartphone and tablets.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communications.
- College degree in Business or Marketing, preferred
- Knowledge of and selling or renting to construction or related equipment industry
WORKING CONDITIONS/FIT FOR DUTY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Must complete a background screen, drug screen and the Essential Job Functions Form prior to working.