This position collaboratively works with operations leadership and plant management to foster an environment conducive to the continuous growth of cost reduction/revenue enhancement projects. This position is responsible for evaluating the current and future needs of our company in the area of process improvement opportunities and creating manufacturing solutions to address those needs adhering to lean manufacturing principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzing existing manufacturing processes to identify waste, redundancy and process bottlenecks
- Provide technical and functional expertise to operations personnel in an effort to improve performance
- This will include training end users on proper execution of process changes made in business and operational environments
- Conducting feasibility and capability studies to define the purpose, function and necessity of business and operational processes
- Conduct mass balance analyses to determine the total cost of equipment, utilities, etc. necessary to produce a specific quantity of a finished good
- Other responsibilities include serving as a catalyst for change while effectively managing emotions and expectations associated with the elimination of old processes and the implementation of new ones
- Having strong leadership skills and a fundamental desire to execute strategies in an environment of conflicting expectations are critically important to this role. Along with being able to understand and manage onsite installs to insure deadlines are upheld.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required
- 6+ years of experience with degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Access) required
- Experience with 3D Design, AutoCAD, SAP modules preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Travel: 50% to 75% travel
- This position is responsible for oversight of various departmental personnel as required, external consultants, and leading intra-company cross functional teams.