Join us today and be a part of the groundbreaking conversation taking place here at OptumRx. Training classes starting soon.
If you are looking to be empowered with the flexibility and opportunity to create change, OptumRx is the place for you. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Let's talk about what happens when a company that touches millions of lives gathers the results from millions of prescriptions filled every month and analyzes their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable health care solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all of this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (SM)
The Senior Pharmacy Technician Service Representative (Pharmacy Technician license required) is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of prescription orders, answering incoming calls, completing outbound calls to/from patients, physicians and pharmacists while ensuring a high level of customer service and maximizing productivity.
- Process member prescriptions or prior authorizations through various computer systems ensuring the accuracy of all data and updating as necessary
- Navigate across multiple computer systems to respond to questions or to provide specific medication details/clinical information
- Receive incoming calls from members or providers; conduct outgoing calls as needed to provide follow-up or consultation such as prior authorization requirements, appeals, etc.
- Apply benefit plan criteria in making decisions (approvals/denials) or recommendations; clarify and explain pharmaceutical benefits and procedures
- Process, pack or ship pharmacy orders to include the counting and dispensing of medications, accurate labeling and packing in appropriate manner for shipment within the required timeframes
- Maintain dispensing units ensuring they are filled with correct products, returns products that are no longer valid due to recalls, supply issues, etc.
- Educate members/guardians, providers, pharmacies) on proper medication use, drug interactions, side effect management, etc.
- Partner with others to gather additional information and/or to interpret clinical guidelines; act as a resource for others
- Current Nevada Pharmacy Technician license or National Pharmacy Technician Certification is required
- At least 1 year experience providing customer service and working with healthcare professionals required
- 1 - 2 years of previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician is preferred
- An education level of at least a high school diploma or GED; or 10 years of equivalent working experience
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Excel skills; general PC/computer proficiency with ability to learn new systems quickly and efficiently
- Ability to identify problems including complex issues and determine solutions, both independently or in a team/group setting
- Communication skills including the ability to consult/advise, demonstrate empathy, and provide clear instructions or directions
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed
- All new hires will be required to successful complete Pharmacy Operations training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an on-line pre-screening test that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Keywords: Insurance, customer service, customer service representative, claims, appeals, call center, phone support, dispute resolution, healthcare, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Oputm, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech