Ardagh Group manufactures packaging for the world's biggest brands. We have a reputation for innovation, pushing the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivaled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,500 people with global sales of approximately €7,7 bn.
Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading food, beverage and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 109 glass and metal manufacturing facilities in 22 countries, employing approxmately 23,500 people and have global sales of approxmately US$8.2 bn.
At Ardagh we have a reputation for innovation; pushing the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy. The unprecedented growth of our business has been driven by our unrivalled expertise, obsession with quality and commitment to continuous improvement.
We strongly believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
For more information on Ardagh Group, please visit www.ardaghgroup.com
You can also download our News Centre App by searching Ardagh in the App Store.
* Apply sound engineering principals to provide appropriate technical solutions in all areas related to Electrical Engineering, integrated with other engineering disciplines.
* Engineer, design, and manage electrical projects for additions to and modification of facilities and equipment.
* Develop scopes of work for projects and monitor and control the project cost and schedule, while ensuring compliance with company and regulatory policies and standards.
* Specify and procure equipment, material and labor, work with purchasing group to ensure proper vendor selection is met.
* Manage a project team consisting of other project engineers, plant personnel, consultants and contractors. Ensure that project performance objectives are achieved and that projects are completed on time and within budgets. Provide timely reviews to management.
* Prepare and review installation and "as-built" drawings to ensure company standards are met, checking equipment prior to installation.
* Provide on-site project supervision during construction and installation phases of projects. Assist plants, contractors and vendors with startup and training for systems and equipment. Supply and properly file completed "as-built" drawings, programs, documentation and software related to projects.
* Develop and implement innovations and standards to improve safety, productivity and efficiency.
Provide ongoing plant technical support and assist plants to improve maintenance and reliability in electrical areas. Work cooperatively with other departments to achieve common goals.
* Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or technology. A combination of education and related advanced experience will be considered.
* Must have thorough knowledge of PLC's, (Allen-Bradley preferred), as well as knowledge of National Electric Code, and power systems
* Requires good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must have good computer skills and functional ability with AutoCAD.
* Must have strong planning and organization skills, be detail-oriented and have the ability to identify problems and make recommendations.
Environment & Physical Requirements
* Plant manufacturing environment with exposure to heat, fumes and moving machinery. Requires a significant amount of walking.
* Hearing and eye protection must be worn in the plants, as well as other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
This position will be filled without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, ancestry, national origin, age, marital status, disability, sexual preference, or veteran status.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world's leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.