Essential Job Functions:
The Station Installer installs, repairs, supports and promotes products and services generally purchased and used by residential customers such as voice, data and video services. The Station Installer will perform other tasks as assigned.
Required skills and abilities:
- Ability to accurately identify all colors of a color-coded cable.
- Able to communicate professionally with the public, co-workers and managers.
- Able to multi-task, work with minimal supervision, follow written and oral instructions, show attention to detail and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Must be available for overtime, after hours call-outs and work during non-scheduled hours.
- Available to work Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
- Able to lift 70lbs.
- Ability to use and maintain assigned tools and equipment.
- Able to represent the company in a professional manner as it pertains to personal appearance.
- Able to write legibly to prepare and maintain neat and accurate records.
- Able to attend schools for training, which may require overnight travel.
- Must demonstrate the ability to learn and use a variety of current and future applications, test systems or information systems as they are developed.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers and applicable applications.
- Ability to work aloft and successfully complete all necessary safety training including “Working Aloft and Ladder Safety.”
- Must meet weight requirements as defined in Windstream’s Safe Load Limits for Equipment and Ladders Policy.
- Must reside within a reasonable distance of assigned reporting center with the ability to work in various locations.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.