The Voice Activations Technician I is responsible for managing the workflow of customer orders scheduled for cutover along with trouble tickets from Repair and Support Teams.
- Issue local and nationwide LSR’s (Local Service Records) to various carriers to port/migrate voice services
- On day of porting, answer calls from vendors, techs, and customers (will also make calls to those same individuals as needed)
- Work with Metaswitch and DMS (Digital Multiplex System) switches
- Set and program long distance in switches
- Add/remove DID’s (Direct Inward Dial) in a switch
- Perform DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service) manipulation
- Ability to maintain control during urgent and emergency situations
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Diligence, reliability and a desire to learn new products/technologies.
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in telecommunications
- MS Office computer skills
- Basic telecommunications knowledge
- Field experience with installation/CPE a plus