Trinity Meyer Utility Structures is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of FCAW Career Welder 2 in our Gadsden, AL office! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America. ™
This role is a Welder in an industrial / production environment with a combination of experience and training in general welding of carbon steel. This role requires knowledge of MIG, Flux Core, Stick; and Carbon Arc welding processes as well as able to perform flat, horizontal or groove welds.
- Applies appropriate welding processes to join, surface, fabricate and repair parts of metal or other weldable materials according to layouts, work orders, blueprints, schematics and sketches using manual, automatic welding and/or semi-automatic welding equipment.
- May lay out and mark weld points on parts or sub-assemblies.
- May position pieces to be welded into jigs, holding fixtures, guides and steps using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- May inspect completed work for conformance to specifications.
- Observes all standard safety practices and maintains and completes all required records.
- Follows all safety rules and practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.