The Vehicle Purchasing Agent (VPA) is responsible for providing quality, efficient customer service regarding vehicle purchases and related programs. VPA's are required to purchase vehicles, verify the accuracy of documents and ensure all required forms are filled out and signed correctly. Additionally, they may be responsible for vehicle sales and ownership transfers.
- Verify ownership documents match VIN's on the physical vehicle received and the documents comply with local, state and federal laws.
- Schedule appointments with customer's and/or contract tow vendors for vehicle pick ups.
- Purchase all vehicles delivered to the Store, in accordance with local, state and federal laws, and company policy.
- Receive the vehicles delivered daily in the CFJC database via the receiving handheld and/or manual entry.
- Issue payments for vehicles and tows while maintaining and managing the daily check summary.
- Organize, maintain, and retain copies/files for routing sheets, vehicle transfers, sales and purchases.
- Monitor and respond to incoming and outgoing telephone calls and faxes.
- Sort, process and ship documents as required.
- Produce the daily, weekly and monthly reports, as required.
- Complete any due diligence needed for vehicle purchasing's weekly exception lists.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proficient in general computer skills such as data entry and e-mail.
- Able to communicate with customers/vendors in a professional and efficient manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to use time wisely and prioritize multiple competing tasks.
- Able to read, understand, and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, including overtime.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus, but not required.
- Ability to obtain and retain knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Basic automotive knowledge/experience preferred, but not required
Physical Activities Required to Perform Essential Functions:
- Standing, lifting, walking, bending, and stretching are required regularly to perform customer care, production, and environmental/safety responsibility functions.
- Ability to maintain cleanliness of the VPO facility by mopping, sweeping, etc. as required.
- Vision must be sufficient to perform job functions safely as described above.
- Able to work on feet (stand and walk) for assigned work shift.
- Exposure on a regular basis to outdoor weather conditions.
- Periodic exposure to minimal chemical hazards.
All U.S. applicants must be 18 years of age or older and all Canada applicants must be 16 years of age or older.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. participates in e-verify for all U.S. new hires.
Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. administers a pre-employment drug screen and background check for U.S. new hires.
All new hires must review and sign an Arbitration Agreement. This applies to all U.S. non-union employees.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Schnitzer Steel Industries, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, marital status, disability status, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, age, prior industrial injury, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other protected status under local, state or federal law.