Waithelp is responsible for serving food and/or beverage, including the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction.
What will I be doing?
Waithelp is responsible for serving food and/or beverage, including the order-taking and delivery of any food and/or beverage items. This task is to be handled in a friendly, courteous, helpful, timely and professional manner resulting in a very high level of guest satisfaction. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard.
- Greets guests by name in a friendly and courteous manner and explain any specials and/or restaurant promotions for guest awareness.
- Retrieves completed order weighing up to 50 lbs. from kitchen or the bar, confirms its accuracy, lifts and delivers to guest along with appropriate condiments, following fine dining service procedures. Places orders on the guerdon in a correct position number.
- Checks station before, during and after shift for proper set-up and cleanliness to ensure that Hilton Hawaiian Village's quality standards are maintained. Completes all assigned side duties.
- Records the details of the order from the guest on the guest check, repeating the order to the guest in a clear speaking voice to check for accuracy.
- Inputs the order into the Point of Sale computer to inform the kitchen or the bar of the particulars of the order being placed.
- Replenishes beverages as necessary and check with guests for overall satisfaction.
- Markets and serves upon request any dessert items to complete the dining experience.
- Properly clears the table after each course. Ensures proper and expedient service between courses.
- Controls the "pace" or timing of the tables using good judgment and timing, informing chefs of proper firing times for dishes in the servicing of all courses and after dinner drinks.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school education preferred.
Minimum three years of fine dining Waithelp experience required.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Tuberculosis Clearance Certificate. Ability to obtain Honolulu Liquor Commission yellow card. Hepatitis A immunization or vaccination certificate required. CPR Certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive knowledge of classic sauces, wines and liquors.
- Basic knowledge of food and beverage preparation, service standards, guest relations and etiquette.
- Knowledge of the appropriate table settings, service ware and menu items.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus, special promotions, record orders, communicate with guests to explain and record orders.
- Ability to remember, recite and promote the variety of menu items.
- Ability to transport large trays weighing up to 50 lbs. through a crowded room on a continuous basis throughout shift.
- Ability to transport items weighing up to 100 lbs. with wheeled assistance.
- Ability to operate beverage and toast equipment.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and learn Point of Sale procedures to pre-check order and close out the check.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!