Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on the management of the warehouse personnel and the implementation of warehouse action plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides direct supervision to warehouse personnel and carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to assure effective and efficient operations.
- Directs the operations of the warehouse personnel to achieve prescribed objectives.
- Supervises all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion.
- Review the work forecasts and determine productivity requirements to produce during the day to meet the overall building objectives.
- Ensures the safe,clean and efficient operation of the warehouse to meet service standards.
- Partner with other Managers to balance labor ensuring operating a balanced and efficient shifts.
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Makes recommendations to Management on initiatives to improve operations and work on those programs.
- Proactively identify and lead process improvement initiatives and Lean tools.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Supervisory experience for hourly and season employee population required.
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean/Six Sigma tools.
- Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly.
- Experience with (Manhattan) Warehouse Management System preferred.
- Must be flexible in adapting to changing environments.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) is preferred, not required.
- Lift and move totes up to 50 pounds each.
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length.
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours.
- Should be able to work in environments with variable noise levels, lighting conditions and temperature variation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.