Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supervises the security and control activities and staff in the Intake Department, which provides for maximum facility coordination of detainee intake and release. Responsible for the coordination of work assignments for all Intake staff assigned to the unit.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises and schedules work of Intake and Release Officers assigned to the unit; ensuring facility coordination in the receiving and discharge of detainees, in addition to the preparingf required records and reports.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs the work of other employees. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training and development, promoting, and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Makes assignments, reviews post orders and ensures that all procedures, including emergency procedures, are in place and staff trained in proper implementation.
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems; making referrals for more complex problems.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned by management. Maintains daily logs as required.
- Responsible for attaining facility goals/objectives and ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and/or procedures for intake/discharge operations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.