Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, assists in performing overall daily maintenance of the library to include ordering, cataloging, classifying, circulation, and maintaining all library periodicals, books, and materials. Provides information and assistance on use of the card catalog.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains and organizes the circulation of library materials.
- Assists in the directing and training of detainee library aides.
- Assists in the selection of library books, periodicals and materials for purchase.
- Conducts library inventories. Prepares, maintains and reports appropriate records pertaining to circulation, inventory, newspapers and magazines.
- May assist in conducting library orientation for classes in coordination with instructors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.