Facility: SOUTH LOUISIANA ICE PROCESSING CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for the operation of the Classification Department. Supervises the Case Managers and provides counseling services, assists the inmates in adjusting to institutional life and in selecting appropriate self-help, therapeutic, educational and/or vocational programs; and to obtain needed services or changes in assignment. Serves as a member of the Institutional Reclassification Committee.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises the operation of the Classification Department.
- Provides individual counseling to inmates on an informal basis regarding work and housing assignments, adjustment problems, and family problems.
- Discusses with inmates requests for transfer, job changes, furloughs, promotions, etc. and refers cases as deemed appropriate.
- Determines inmate eligibility for programs and if such programs would be beneficial to the inmate's overall adjustment to the facility.
- Monitors inmates' custody, housing, job and program assignments to ensure all inmates are reviewed in a timely manner.
- Makes referrals for inmates with serious problems to professional counseling staff.
- Updates facility classification review forms.
- Reviews inmate activity plans developed by Classification Counselors to ensure they meet standards.
- Works closely with other departments to determine areas needing additional inmate workers.
- Reviews inmate medical status to determine inmate's eligibility to work in job assignments.
- Responsible for use of computer application to record educational and habilitative programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and complying with ACA standards pertaining to classification, records, inmate job assignments, and unit orientation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.