Facility: JOE CORLEY DETENTION CENTER
Compensation Base: 24.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position supports, advises, and maintains, various computer operations throughout a facility, including technical support, telecommunication, computer operations, and network administration.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to ensure that personal computers (hardware and software) are performing properly. Coordinates with the corporate staff on problems that cannot be immediately resolved.
- Performs necessary research on specifications and orders hardware and software inventory required to be fully functional.
- May monitor the facility computer operation’s budget.
- Maintains security administration of systems and assigns log-in and passwords for staff as necessary; ensures that users have access to appropriate menus, files, and programs that will allow them to perform their assigned duties.
- Assures the file allocation spaces to the database are at an appropriate level.
- Creates, maintains, modifies, and produces accurate and timely reports, including determining when it is appropriate to reconfigure them (rebuilds Bi-tree index, hash tables, and explicit relations).
- Performs system training on a regular basis to all appropriate staff personnel.
- Maintains daily backups on LAN and restores when required.
- Ensures the facility staff is trained properly on the bar code readers and specific program time and attendance reports. Maintains security, operation and maintenance of system.
- Generates reports and summaries requiring technical expertise on utilization, projected needs and other areas as requested by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.