The staff Registered Nurse (RN) is a vital part of an interdisciplinary team assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting care in efforts to deliver the highest levels of care to the patient and family. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Health St. Elizabeth Hospital, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values.
The CHRISTUS Health Float Pool is established to provide supplemental staffing and excellent care on an as needed basis. The associates are required to comply with all CHRISTUS policies, procedures, and patient care standards. There is not a guarantee, express or implied, that anyone will receive any set amount of hours worked.
House Float Pool members are Per Diem (PRN).
Must have a minimum of 2 years' experience as a RN
- Maintain current Texas license, BLS and required certifications for specialty areas (ACLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, NIHSS Stroke Scale Certification, etc.)
- Maintain current address, telephone and email AND be accessible by telephone and email.
- Associate will participate in all mandatory annual Employee Health requirements. (TB, Flu shot, Fit test, etc).
- Associate will participate in mandatory education
- Associate will work a minimum of 4 shifts per month including 1 weekend shift.
- Associate will work 2 summer and 2 winter holiday.
- Summer holidays are: Easter, Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day.
- Winter holidays are: Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve night, Christmas day, New Years Eve night and New Year's day.
- Associate is expected to work all scheduled shifts or to float to another designated unit as directed by the Float Pool Director. Associate may be put on-call, flexed or cancelled. If placed on-call the associate will be available to go to work for the entire shift AND associate will be accessible by telephone.
- Associates are expected to work all scheduled shifts unless cancelled by the scheduling office. If a Float Pool associate is unable to work a confirmed shift, it will count as an absence and the CHRISTUS attendance policy will be followed.
- Associates will not contact the individual floors/units for available shifts. Associates will contact the scheduling office or house supervisor for shift information.
- Float Associates must submit their availability one month prior to the scheduling month. The day before their available shift the associate is responsible for calling the scheduling office and verifying their assigned location and time.
- If a Float pool associate is flexed at their assigned location, they will be reassigned if a need exists at another location/ department. Notification will be by telephone. Associates are responsible for confirming receipt of the message.
- The Associate will adhere to CHRISTUS departmental policy and maintain work ethics and clinical excellence at all times.
- Float pool associates are qualified to receive their base rate, shift differentials and charge pay. Surge pay, emergency staffing pay and supplemental bonus pay are only for cases of emergency and must be approved by the executive team including the CNO, CFO, COO and CEO. The pay for all differentials and bonuses will be according to CHRISTUS pay policies.
- Graduate of a State Board accredited School of Nursing or equivalent
- Current licenses or permit to practice professional nursing in the State of Texas
- Current BLS
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbally and written
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as an RN
Today, we are one of the largest, most advanced facilities in the CHRISTUS Health System and the only Magnet Hospital between Houston and Baton Rouge.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Health St. Elizabeth Family!