Resident Field Service Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will provide technical support for Energy Solutions, Process Automation Energy Industries (PAEN) in Houston, Texas, delivering superior, professional service, remotely or on site.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your hands on experience and knowledge of customer needs will help you not only to build strong customer relationships, but also to actively identify and develop new business opportunities.
- A Resident Field Service Engineer will be required to work independently and as part of a team based on customer/contract requirements
- Work location will be at our customer site in Freeport, Texas
- This position will be focused on the 800xA HMI and 800M Control System product line
- Technical skills will be considered the foundation of this position to deliver contract services, provide sales support, and opportunities for revenue growth
- Good communications skills are a must
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft will be a plus
- This person will need to be self motivated and self directed to accommodate the numerous customer responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, or Computer Science and 5 plus years of experience
- A special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments would be considered
- DCS (Distributed control system) Systems Maintenance
- Configuration and Process Control
- Selected resource will be full time at our Customer site and will need to relocate in the proximity of Freeport, Texas.
- Resource shall have exceptional troubleshooting skills to resolve most problems
- Commitment to excellence
- Communicate effectively and Problem solving
- Technical orientation
- Analytical and Customer orientation
- Professional attitude
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.