A General Cashier is responsible for receiving and consolidating all cash and checks to prepare for the daily bank deposit in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. This position will be scheduled when there is a cash bar requested for Banquet Events.
Please note: this position is part of the Local 11 Union and requires complete open availability (days, evenings, weekends, and holidays). Hours may be limited at times and are based on seniority and business needs. You MUST have a flexible schedule (set schedules cannot be accommodated) and be comfortable working in an environment where hours vary from week-to-week.
This position pays $14.97/hour for the first 90 days, $18.71/hour after 90 days.
What will I be doing?
As a General Cashier, you would be responsible for receiving and consolidating all cash and checks to prepare for the daily bank deposit in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receive, consolidate and maintain records of all cash and check receipts and transactions
- Prepare for daily bank deposit and armored-car pick-up
- Prepare due-backs for and inventory daily deposits from cashiers and bartenders
- Report any missing deposits or cash envelope and deposit discrepancies
- Prepare required reports
- Ensure sufficient funds are available for daily hotel operation and provide change to hotel staff according to established procedures and standards
What are we looking for?
- Min. 1 year experience as a Cashier
- Previous experience using a POS System preferred
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 25-50lbs
- English fluency
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Flexible scheduling, with ability to work different shifts
- Able to stand for a min. of 8 hours with/without reasonable accommodation
- Previous experience working in a fine dining or luxury hotel preferred
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!