The Instructional Designer Sr position will drive the growth of the training content development process at Bobcat. Key responsibilities will be to lead course development projects, evaluate course design and drive the application of improved methods around training content development, implement best practices related to education for Bobcats commercial training teams.
They will be responsible for researching and identifying training trends, new methodology, technology and best practices, analyzing and implementing findings.
This position will also perform instructional design work, create online learning courses/modules, and develop structure for face-to-face workshops by working closely with the commercial training teams.
The Instructional Designer Sr will work in a team environment with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to drive the development training information that is used to inform and educate dealers about Bobcat products. The position will also be responsible for content maintenance, and ongoing training content planning and resource alignment.\
This position is open to a location of Denver, CO or West Fargo, ND.
Role & Responsibility
- Manages the course development and design processes for the commercial training teams
- Works with the instructional design “community” in any teaching trends and best practices, including online, blended, and face-to-face to enhance the effectiveness of classes
- Discovers and assigns outside instructional design resources when needed, reviews, manages and reports course development projects and other services provided
- Develops clear, objective-driven content that educates, informs, creates interest, and encourages action from audiences.
- Adapt writing style for different approaches and audience types
- Develop content that increases product knowledge in alignment with company goals
- Work with subject matter experts to refine drafted material into finished training deliverables that are in alignment with Bobcat message framework.
Instructional Design –
- Develop a policy and manage a process for when content should be reviewed/refreshed and identify what SME and department are responsible for accomplishing this work.
- Work with SME’s to develop objective driven programs and curriculum that increase effectiveness and impact for adult learners
- Develop, implement, and maintain educational products in all media types, including video, online, and in-person.
- Design instructional material (lessons, assessment items, art, animation, etc.)
- Identify short- and long-term development training needs of Bobcat products
- Continuously learn and uphold standards in learning system (i.e., the practical application of UX, learning science, and instructional design principles)
- Collaborate with training stakeholders to make design decisions with an objectives based approach
- Gather, organize, and act upon feedback from internal and external customers
- Develop assets in accordance with organizational standards of quality, polish, clarity.
- Maintain records and data of all training and related certifications and qualifications.
- Lead appropriate resources, such as outside agencies, to efficiently and effectively complete tasks and projects on time
- Effectively prioritize and manage various projects and initiatives
- Develop schedules, tasks and plans to drive projects and communication plans forward
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Design, English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field
- Experience Required: 5+ years of instructional design work on curricula design and development of content for technical learners with ability to provide portfolio of work that includes training materials/curricula/courses and project management ability at the time of interview
- Travel Required: <25%
- Proven competency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneDrive.
- Experience with Articulate360, Camtasia, E-Learning Management Systems, Storyline or similar system strongly preferred
- Ability to consistently meet tight deadlines and prioritize work effectively
- Ability to problem solve and anticipate downstream impact of all actions
- Ability to strategically plan
- Strong leadership and management skills are required for this position to grow the content development and design processes at Bobcat
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to work effectively with training staff and other functional teams.
- Expertise and competencies in the areas of instructional design, the practice of educational development, and adult learning theory are required.
- Knowledge of best practices in instructional technologies, online, blended, and face-to-face teaching is required.
- Skills in designing and delivering training programs that meet learner needs with the appropriate instructional methods, technologies and practices that improve the effectiveness of training.
- Be recognizable as the company expert on adult education methodologies, education and technologies
- Strong project management skills
- Initiative to proactively identify needs, process improvements and opportunities within the business/area of responsibility
- Seeks out new ideas and approaches
- Challenges the status quo of products, technologies, services, work processes and systems
- Demonstrates strong decision-making skills and self-direction
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.