Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Turbocharging Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business.
The role reports to the Remanufacturing Manager and is located in Bolingbrook, Illinois. As a Turbocharger Assembler, you will be responsible for all aspects of the overhaul of turbochargers and their components. Primary responsibility is aiding the workshop team in achieving the set production targets by adhering to the systems and processes. Correctly use machinery and equipment on the shop floor. Read and interpret the technical diagrams/instructions for disassembly, cleaning, and assembly of ABB Turbochargers.
- Assembly and disassembly of turbochargers and components, in accordance with ABB working instructions and quality standards.
- Regular quality inspection as part of a defined production process.
- Proficient in the use of metric and imperial measuring tools, such as Vernier calipers, Micrometers, Gauges, etc.
- Cleaning turbocharger and turbocharger components using workshop machinery.
- Ensures that the workshop machines are clean and maintained in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and local policies.
- Ensures the cleanliness and upkeep of the workshop.
- Reviews and evaluates shop and service working practices, suggest and implement corrective actions where necessary to improve the efficiency of the service performance level.
- Conducts shop floor operation in compliance with health & safety guidelines and reports any non-compliance.
- High school graduate or equivalent and 6 months of mechanical or manufacturing experience.
- Ability to communicate with coworkers and professionally represent company.
- Knowledge of English language.
- Basic knowledge of turbocharger and engine principles, product range and repair techniques are a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.