At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Part-Time Librarian who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Part-Time Librarian oversees the activities of a general purpose and/or law library designed to accommodate the social, educational and legal interest and needs of an inmate/resident population. Acquires and maintains adequate resource materials in accordance with court mandates, contract, audit requirements, and applicable policies. This is a part-time position that regularly works less than 30 hours per week.
- Develop and maintain library catalog system, classification, and circulation system to facilitate reference/research services.
- Examine book reviews, publishers' catalogs and other information sources to recommend acquisition of material consistent with the needs of the population. Order and maintain reference materials, and assist inmates in locating and selecting materials to encourage the use of reading programs.
- Direct inmate workers and/or staff in receiving, shelving and locating materials consistent with the needs of the population, to include current legal/law reference materials, as applicable.
- Manage the ordering, processing and circulation of inter-library book loans.
- Develop procedures governing the use of library, equipment and supplies, and oversees the maintenance and sanitation of library areas.
This position is a Pay Grade JOB.OU.GRADE.TITLE
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Library Science or related field is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Experience with library procedures and operations, to include circulation methods, cataloging and legal reference materials is required.
- Must possess certificate, license or other credentials required by contract or state of employment.
- Experience in Microsoft Office or other similar software applications is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 20 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.