Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Senior Proposal Specialist/Engineer, you will respond to Sales Channel and Customer Requests For Quote (RFQ) by evaluating quote requirements, requesting authorization from Engineering, Legal, Product Management, Manufacturing, Suppliers, or Others as required, and developing an approved ABB Quote that meets the customer’s needs as well as provide the necessary information to process the ensuing order expeditiously.
Reporting to the Sales Operations Manager, your strong technical and market knowledge will assist you in providing customers with efficient and effective solutions.
- Proposals consist of the preparation of proposals to develop domestic and/or international business and also include making recommendations to ensure that quotation requests and orders received are at acceptable profit levels
- Consult with customers and Channel Partners to understand their business needs and apply ABB business requirements to promote and strengthen partnerships
- Under general guidance of supervisor or more experienced personnel, perform various proposal and cost estimating duties requiring the exercise of judgment and application of established practices
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with customer and Channel Partner representatives responsible for making purchasing decisions
- Review and analyze customer specifications - coordinate input from other departments to develop proposal responses to customer requirements
- Simultaneously process information on multiple and varied projects/initiatives, and respond effectively to changes in priorities
- Utilize engineering data, drawings, customer specifications and related information to prepare price and cost estimates, requests for quotations for purchase of components, evaluate supplier quotations and summarize total price and cost estimates
- Compile data for reporting proposal scope, terms, cost, and profitability, to management
- Participate in investigation, definition, and documentation of processes and business alignment
- 2 plus years of experience or a bachelor’s degree in business or related field; alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.