Histotechnologist II - Las Vegas, NV - Tuesday through Saturday
$10K SIGN-ON BONUS
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
You will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, we are on a continuous journey of discovery and development. It’s this attitude that has made us an industry leader and the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. For those joining us, we offer exciting and fast moving career opportunities where you can affect change at a rate unheard of in many organizations of our size and scope. While we invest in and develop technology to drive our innovations, our ongoing success relies on our people.
1. Performs routine and non-routine activities involved in the preparation of slides for microscopic evaluation by pathologist(s), according to policies and procedures.
2. Capable of performing all of the duties/responsibilities of a Histotechnologist I.
3. Ensure proper accessioning and labeling of all tissue samples.
4. Process paperwork associated with accessioning and reporting.
5. May perform gross tissue examination (high complexity testing) if meets personnel qualifications set forth by the 1988 CLIA CFR 493. 1489 and the corporate Minimum Qualifications for Personnel Performing Gross Tissue Examinations SOP.
6. Ensure proper tissue processing.
7. Embed processed tissue in paraffin.
8. Perform microtomy of embedded tissue.
9. Prepare slides for routine Hematoxylin and Eosin staining.
10. Perform cover slipping of stained slides either manually or automated.
11. Ability to prepare solutions and reagents for special stain procedures.
12. May be required to obtain and validate control tissue used in special stains.
13. Maybe required to perform special stain procedures.
14. Prepare solutions and reagents for IHC and ISH procedures.
15. Obtain and validate control material used in IHC, FISH and ISH procedures.
16. Perform IHC and ISH testing.
17. Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
18. Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
19. Provide training and guidance to Histo4/Histotechnologists, students and lab aides.
20. Adhere to laboratory's quality control policies, and documents all quality control activities; has the ability to recognize outliers and correct them.
21. Differentiate acceptable and unacceptable processing, embedding, cutting and staining of tissue specimens.
22. May be required to develop, execute, or validate new procedures.
23. Capable of identifying problems that may affect test performance or reporting of test results and resolve or immediately report to histology supervisor/manager, technical supervisor, or director.
24. Capable of providing coverage in the absence of the histology supervisor/manager or lead Histotechnologist for a limited period of time.
25. Ensure all corporate safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
26. Ensure compliance with all local, federal, CLIA and CAP regulations along with GLP and GCP practices.
27. Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
28. Other duties, as assigned by supervisor. career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers' trust every day by providing the high
1. AA, AS or BS degree or equivalent training and experience
2. HT (ASCP) or HTL (ASCP)
3. 3 years Histology experience
4. Demonstrates knowledge of and can perform IHC testing. Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QIHC) obtained through ASCP is preferred.
5. Knowledge of in-situ hybridization (ISH) procedures preferred.
6. Meets all requirements as outlined in corporate Minimum Qualifications for Histotechnician SOP.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of computer skills in word processing, excel and database entry.