At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Library Aide who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Library Aide assists with the daily activities of a general purpose and/or law library designed to accommodate the social, educational and legal interest and needs of an inmate/resident population.
- Assist in developing and maintaining library catalog system that identifies specific categories and subject matter.
- Create schedules for inmate/resident access to the general purpose and law library. Enforce all polices and rules governing inmate conduct, sign in/out procedures and maintains a safe environment for inmates and other library users.
- Search catalog files, biographical dictionaries and indexes, and examines content of reference materials to assist individuals in locating and selecting materials. Recommend acquisition materials consistent with the needs of the population, to include current legal/law reference material, as applicable.
- Train inmate workers in receiving, shelving and locating materials. Answer routine inquiries and assists in checking books in/out of the library daily.
- Maintain a tracking system to monitor the location of books and facilitates the proper return of materials back to the library. Conduct inventories, as required, to monitor compliance.
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is required.
- Two years of library work experience, including work in book acquisition, cataloging, reference and compilation of bibliographies preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace and EOE – including Disability/Veteran.