Systems Integration Sales Specialist
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
You will be accountable for sales of Analytical & Force Measurement Sales in Measurement & Analytics division, you will drive long-term profitable growth of ABB’s Industrial Automation Measurement and Analytics Product Line with a specific focus on Systems Integration (SI) project opportunities. You will work directly with the ABB SI's and third-party SI's on bidding strategy, product positioning and overall pursuit of these opportunities to maximize hit rates and deliver our growth plan according to market needs and Business Line strategy and targets.
Reporting to the Manager, Industry & Account Management, you will use your experience and drive to build enduring customer relationships through excellent service.
- Identify, track and drive to a successful award an Americas list of SI projects while serving as the capture team lead on key must win projects.
- Spend significant time with customers and understand their needs and explain the ABB Value messages to increase our direct business. Develop both the short and long-term project capture plans direct with these end users.
- Utilize US FES and channels where appropriate to help create / increase penetration.
- Develop strategic growth and business plans that drive and support long-term profitable growth, tracking and reporting performance metrics within the Salesforce (SFDC) tool.
- Work with and leverage the entire ABB organization to bring maximize impact on IAMA product pull through and winning SI projects.
- Maintain a portfolio of SI project opportunities within SFDC and drive regular cadence with capture teams to position ABB in the best possible way to win. This includes entering/initiating SFDC opportunities as well as regular reporting in SFDC of trips and customer interactions.
- Will develop “must win” project targets based on specific strategic criteria and administer the bid vs. no-bid process on these opportunities including documentation.
- Will lead a monthly Sales cadence for SIU Management Review Sales Review.
- Closely collaborate with SI customers and end users to understand market needs and pricing.
- Be able to explain Analytical system integration and the basics of analytical products / services and value messaging.
- Must be able to communicate both the ‘big picture’ and the ‘little details’ to a widespread virtual team, motivate them to action, and manage their activities (without the benefit of direct report relationships).
- Will seek to understand and drive inclusion of products on SI and EPC AVLs.
- Will work directly with the EPC Strategic Account Manager on large projects to develop and drive strategy for winning.
- Bachelors degree in a technical and or business discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Process Analytical sales / project integration.
- Leadership experience in sales, engineering and operational projects.
- Experience in strategic and operational planning.
- Ability to anticipate customer needs and market trends.
- Strong, well-developed verbal communication, influencing, coaching and leadership skills.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.