Supv Lab - CLS - West Hills, CA - Monday-Friday (Rotational Saturday)
$10K SIGN-ON BONUS
Under direction of the manager/director plans, organizes, schedules, and directs the work of the section in order to effectively maximize employee, equipment, and material utilization within budgetary constraints while adhering to quality technical standards. Provides direct on-site supervision of specimen workflow, test performance, quality, compliance, and associated documentation to adhere to the department and company policies and procedures. Supports Continuous Improvement Activities.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
1. Maintains adequate staffing by interviewing, hiring, training, and competency assessment of personnel.
2. Performs the scheduling, planning, staffing, and monitoring of workflow to meet established goals.
3. Provides staff development through performance development and review and corrective counseling. Engages in effective Performance Management. Regular 1 on 1s providing coaching and feedback to employees.
4. Procures appropriate supplies and equipment to maximize department efficiency and meet established budgetary and quality goals.
5. Provides technical oversight of area(s) of responsibility and serves as a technical resource for problem solving and process improvement to ensure accurate test performance.
6. Devotes time to direct specimen testing/troubleshooting as needed to maintain adequate workflow.
7. Uses effective two-way communication in leading/participating in general laboratory/section meetings.
8. Supports, implements, and ensures compliance with all department and company policies and procedures.
9. Monitors and ensures implementation of goals to meet established quality assurance, quality control, and quality improvement plans.
10. Ensures compliance with all regulatory agency requirements through documentation, audits, and corrective action.
11. Interacts with internal and external customers to ensure proper sample handling and reporting.
12. Participates in the updating of departmental standard operating procedures and database to accurately reflect the current practices.
13. Participates in supervisory skills training.
14. Performs other tasks as specified by the manager/director.
16. Ensures Performance Boards are updated and Huddles are taking place on a regular basis.
1. Current California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license.
2. Minimum of 6 years of experience as a medical technologist or equivalent in a clinical laboratory environment
3. BS/BA degree in Medical Technology or related field
4. Must have proven leadership, interpersonal, communication, computer, and technical skills in the specialty area being supervised.
[All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.]