SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
You will be responsible for picking up and delivering samples from various refineries / laboratories in and around the St. Rose area, utilizing a company vehicle; as well as maintaining the sample Laboratory Retain Room located in St. Rose, LA.
- Pickup and deliver samples to and from appropriate Laboratories & Refineries
- Properly retain samples
- Archive sample retain records
- Properly dispose of expired samples
- Assist laboratory and operations personnel in retrieving samples.
- High School degree or general education degree (GED).
- Candidates with prior driving experience are preferred and will have priority
- Position requires incumbent to be able to work current shifts, which could include extended or abnormal hours (evenings, weekend / holiday) to meet business commitments.
- Must have clean driving record and valid drivers license at all times
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of accuracy is required, with special attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written). Must be able to read and comprehend labels and instructions.
- Position requires a dependable and reliable individual; whose daily presence adds to the success of the Department
- Ability to follow instructions independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to lift bulky items, which can weight up to 50 pounds; climb, bend, reach, without restriction.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.