The Nursing Resource Center (NRC) is the CHRISTUS Good Shepherd Medical system-wide internal nursing float pool (Longview, Marshall, Kilgore). Our tier structured program offers competitive wages and flexible scheduling to enhance staffing and effectively meet patient care needs, shifts and volume. Nurses working in the NRC fill in for nurses who are out ill, on vacation or help units where patient volume is higher than predicted. Assignments can be as structured or as flexible as you choose. Responsibilities:
- Nursing process which includes assessment of patients, planning patient care, implementation, basic RN skills, unit specific skills, patient teaching and evaluation.
- Medication Administration -- administers medication correctly including calculations of dosages, verifies correct patient, drug, dose, and correct line and is able to verbalize basic understanding of drug actions. Proficiency and productivity -- must be able to adjust to varying workloads, cleans work area, organizes work and complete assignments during shift.
- Safety issues -- adheres to all safety / legal requirements established by this facility.
- Professional growth and development -- attends all mandatory hospital and departmental in-services. Acquires and maintains current knowledge in nursing practice.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum requirement is an Associate Degree in Nursing; Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must be licensed as Registered Nurse with the State of Texas
- Minimum of 2 years RN experience is required (Jacksonville, Winnsboro & Sulphur Springs do not require 2 years of experience)
- CPR Certification through the American Heart Associate or American Red Cross
- ACLS and/or other certifications may be required from some areas