Provides Executive Leadership (CEO, CFO and ELT) with key financial information, including projected financial results, in order to improve decision-making and drive achievement of Company objectives. Also responsible for providing analytical support to Controller's department and Investor Relations for external financial reporting and communications and marketing efforts with stakeholders. Process owner for core planning and performance management functions including: Annual Operating Planning; Monthly forecasting and analysis; and Operating and business reviews. Supports SVP Strategy and Business Development with respect to analysis and projections for strategic planning.
- Process owner for the Annual Operating Plan, monthly forecasting including ongoing status vs. forecast, long-range financial projections and other financial projections and other financial data to assist management with current and long range planning.
- Leads the development of new analyses and actionable reporting.
- Serves as a key resource to the senior leadership team in evaluating financial issues and providing the necessary solutions and recommendations.
- Develops methodologies for analyses, design and implements strategic analyses, and assists BU Finance in there mission to support BU Presidents and their leaderships
- Leads a team of financial analysts and allocates their efforts to the most value adding activities to help drive the business.
- Assists in writing complex business rules to provide additional reporting capabilities.
- Reviews financial data and conducts financial analysis, on an ongoing basis.
- Provides support for integrating and tracking performance to business cases, including post-audit evaluations of acquisitions.
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as required by CEO, CFO, and BU leaders.
- Designs, develops and delivers analytical training for FP&A personnel.
- Maintains key planning (e.g. JEDOX) and data analytics systems.
- Looks for opportunities to drive better use of data analytics in business decision making.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, Economics or Math.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- CPA or other professional qualification is a plus.
- 10 years of experience in Financial Planning
- Knowledge of financial planning & budgeting applications is a plus
- Broad working knowledge of finance and accounting processes and principles
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement analysis, income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Demonstrated ability to accurately model the financial aspects and outcomes of business issues using spreadsheets and/or other applicable tools
- Knowledge of JDE Edwards accounting software is a plus
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of financial modeling
- Strong presentation, verbal, and written skills are required
- Highly motivated, self-starter with good project management skills and ability to multi- task and manage competing priorities
- Keen analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Ability to understand financial and related operational data, synthesize results, then develop and prioritize actionable insights and recommendations to make intelligent operational decisions driving efficiency and cost savings
- Ability to work well independently and in collaboration with others
- Consultative and collaborative approach with demonstrated ability to act as a true business partner
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.