Under direct supervision the Production Trainee performs one or more jobs assignments on an assembly or sub-assembly line to produce building material components.
- Assembles building material components such as wall panels, roof and floor trusses. Processes include insertion or positioning of materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand and power tools, following supervisor's instructions and blueprint specifications.
- Places metal reinforcement plates over connecting joints and connects parts at joints, using a hammer.
- Verifies dimensions of precut parts and accuracy of assembly.
- Ensures that assembled items meet specific quality specifications; may propose process improvements in order to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly processes.
- Places proper material into setup specified on cut sheet layout.
- Using assigned press stations, place and press plates on appropriate lumber by job.
- Follow production list by priority given by Assembler Lead to accomplish shift goals
- Maintain machine cleanup procedures and daily cleanup in area without exception.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures and maintain company professional standards.