Location: San Diego, CA 92121
Shift: 1st 5:30am - 2:00pm
Shift: 2nd 2:00pm - 10:30pm
Pay: $16.00 - $18.00/hr
The Receiving Clerk is responsible for maintaining inventory of production materials. They keep track of shipment schedules for both incoming and outgoing shipments. They track inventory counts and check the items in inventory for damages or discrepancies. Other duties and responsibilities of a Receiving Clerk include:
- Properly accounting for the location of incoming goods
- Assuring no damaged items are sent or received
- Comparing packing lists to company purchase orders and ensuring that the products in each delivery match the packing list
- Collaborating with the marketing department to develop a schedule for assembling and displaying manufacturer marketing pieces on the sales floor
- Updating the product inventory as products are received and added to the inventory
- Packaging products for return to vendors and filling out any paperwork necessary
In order to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
* Detail Oriented
* Customer Oriented
* Good communication skills
* Organization Skills
Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
* One year of previous materials experience or applicable experience required.
* Must be able to complete large work assignments while remaining detailed oriented.
* Must be a team player with a strong work ethic.
* Ability to work overtime as required.
* Good basic math skills are a must.
* Must be able to communicate, in English effectively both in written and verbal form
* High School diploma or GED required.
This job operates in a warehouse and production environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to lift 50 pounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.