2022 ABB Discovery Business Early Career Rotational Program
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
The ABB Discovery Early Talent Program is a two-year rotational program that is designed to develop your skills and grow you as a future leader of ABB. Participants can expect to gain an array of challenging and meaningful work experiences in their rotations across ABB in the US.
ABB Discovery participants start their careers with their peers, as a cohort. Each cohort starts annually in July and joins with a comprehensive orientation that helps assimilate you into the ABB culture smoothly.
After orientation, you will join your first rotation in one of our four business areas – Electrification, Motion, Process Automation or Robotics. Every rotation is composed of impactful work to help build your skills and gain business knowledge, while contributing to your team.
Our program also supports your professional growth outside of your rotation, through global and US professional development, networking, and social activities. These events will be facilitated by your dedicated program manager that will coach you throughout your journey.
At the end of your third rotation, you will be given a capstone project that provides solutions to real business problems. The capstone presentation will be a culmination of your rotations before you roll off into a permanent position that complements your skills and experiences.
ABB Discovery Business Program is a program across all of ABB's business lines and locations designed to develop business and leadership skills. It includes three rotations matched with business needs and the participant’s interests. Rotations can include roles in finance, accounting, HR, business strategy, marketing and more.
Discovery Participants will rotate through multiple US ABB businesses in roles that will prepare them to be technical, project, program, and people leaders.
- Specific job responsibilities will vary among program and rotation placement, but all participants should expect to.
- Learn about themselves and ABB’s global business.
- Engage with ABB leaders including rotation managers and mentors who will help them develop their technical and leadership skills.
- Aspire to achieve their career goals at ABB by participating in professional development opportunities including webinars and immersions.
- Deliver on business results by completing challenging and meaningful assignments in a supportive environment.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program and graduating between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Preferred relevant past internships or Co-Ops.
- Excited to explore living/working in different parts of the US, relocating for each rotation is possible. Relocation assistance is provided.
- Desire to learn and grow from a diverse set of experiences and people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have valid US work authorization and must not require sponsorship for an employment visa by ABB at any time in the future.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.