2022 Summer Graduate Intern - Robotics R&D Center- San Jose, CA
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics
ABB US Robotics Research and development (R&D) Center seeks intern to work at the US Robotics R&D Center in San Jose, California in various areas of research for limited periods. The internship (or part-time) may last 3 months. You will work with robotics specialists who have a wide range of experiences and competencies, including but not limited to industrial robots, mechanics, user-interface design, software development, methodologies implementation for machine learning, computer vision, etc.
- Take part in the development of cut-of-edge algorithms in computer vision and machine learning for intelligent software agents to enable creation of future autonomous robotics.
- Build modular software systems for image processing and machine learning.
- Improve robot performance using 3D vision technology, including algorithms to identify and classify meaningful structures around a robot.
- Develop and integrate advanced perception technologies for robotic applications.
- Currently enrolled MS/PhD student in electrical engineering, computer science or other related engineering fields.
- GPA 3.0+
- Strong background in 2D and 3D vision and/or machine learning techniques, such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.
- Experiences in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods and applying ML to real world problems.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Proficiency in implementing algorithms in C/C++/ Python /GPU.
- Experience with robotics, Linux, ROS, PCL, OpenCV, SLAM.
- Ability to interact effectively with a global team and in culturally diverse environments.
- Credibility/accountability in delivering on quality and schedule commitments.
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.