- Train in all areas of the Yard Department to include operating various types of mobile and fixed equipment including forklifts, and loaders. Training includes required hours for each job position and practical test to be a qualified operator.
- Interpret all operational procedures and parameters, including Job Safety Analysis and Work Instructions.
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- Shows a safety-first mindset; recommends improvements to make the workplace safer for self and others.
- Willing to learn; enjoys tackling new challenges.
- Is organized and shows attention to detail, with a "get it right the first time" mindset.
- Demonstrates dependability in attendance, work completion, and flexibility to meet business needs.
- Works well with team members or independently; gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner.
- Makes timely and sound decisions; uses resources wisely.
- Displays a positive, can-do attitude; maintains composure when faced with difficult situations.
- Ability to stand for duration of shift, up to 12 hours; frequent physical activity such as walking, climbing stairs or reaching to work with equipment throughout the entire shift.
- Must be able to frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work with exposure to extremes in temperature, uneven surfaces, loud noise, elevated work areas, and confined spaces.