2nd Shift Team Leader- Manufacturing
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The 2nd Shift Team Leader reports to the Production Supervisor and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a 2nd Shift Team Leader- Manufacturing, you will be responsible for driving & coordinating all activities of the assigned production team to maximize output, customer satisfaction, cycle and productivity.
- Translate projected forecasts, incoming volume, and available capacity into a production plan with a time-phased build schedule.
- Role models and supports a culture that holds team members accountable for adhering to all job expectations and to all Company and department policies and procedures.
- Routinely shares observations with Supervisor to improve individual and team capability.
- Expresses policy and program concerns to management, rather than coworkers.
- Has zero tolerance for deviations from ABB Values.
- Follows all environmental and safety regulations affecting operation.
- Acts and works safely; encourages safe practices and holds others accountable for safety.
- Provides high quality documentation per area expectations.
- Role models proper communication practices.
- Routinely uses and encourages the use of procedures and checklists.
- Proactively redlines operating procedures or checklists to maintain accurate documentation.
- Handles sensitive or confidential information appropriately.
- Effectively communicates with maintenance and contractors concerning jobs being performed within the Department.
- Knows and effectively uses knowledge of key parameters of every unit operated and/or maintained and how to handle process upsets or equipment failures.
- Understand and consistently use problem solving and advanced troubleshooting skills in your area; how to use them and what to do if they aren’t working.
- Recommend improvements to QMS, Training and other tools to improve team member understanding.
- Actively troubleshoots and problem solves to correct minor problems immediately and initiates corrective actions for larger problems.
- Maintains awareness of current or potential process and/or equipment issues under their area of responsibility.
- Reports errors and issues in reporting database or shift log accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understands alarm system and emergency procedures within the department.
- Engages team members to understand the work environment, train on specific tasks, develop trouble shooting expertise and/or provide coaching.
- Expects others to take responsibility for assigned tasks.
- Provides input to Supervisor on Team strengths and improvement opportunities.
- Seeks to develop her/himself – continual learning.
- Actively teaches others and promotes team accomplishments.
- Reinforces team members for specific work and value added contribution.
- Develops relationships to promote teamwork between Teams and other organizations.
- Completes assignments and projects on time.
- Effectively plans and organizes own work and the work of others, as needed.
- Role models a high work ethic and expects the same from team members.
- Enters employee time in an accurate and timely manner.
- Exhibits an approach to daily routines which is consistent from day to day to promote operational discipline and effective operations.
- Authorized to legally work in the US.
- High School Diploma or GED Required.
- Willing to work 2nd Shift
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Manufacturing.
- Prior Experience in Manufacturing Leadership a plus.
- Work effectively with limited supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of engagement.
- Adept problem-solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments and work teams.
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.