Age Requirements: Must be between the ages of 17 and 35
It’s up to you to keep the back of house stocked and ready to go at a moment’s notice. As an Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist for the Army National Guard, it will be your responsibility to manage munition inventory, and perform accounting procedures for ammunition, explosives, and associated explosive components.
Your duties as an Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist may include: performing ammunition supply stock control and accounting duties using both automated and manual procedures, and maintaining hardware and software systems, and the manual records required to successfully perform stock control and accounting procedures for ammunition and explosives.
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Access to data browser to perform the automated issue, receipt, shipment, turn-in, and maintenance transfer of ammunition
• Create radio frequency identification system tags, and create applicable reports and input data
• Upload/download automated data processing equipment, and perform individual warrior tasks and collective warrior battle drills
• Interest in algebra, chemistry, physics, geometry and trigonometry
• Aptitude for planning and organizing
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Work calmly under stress
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career with government agencies and private industries performing ordnance research and development, or any position requiring detail-oriented stock control personnel.
Earn While You Learn
Get paid to learn! In the Army National Guard, you will learn valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for an Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist requires 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and eight weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Part of this time is spent in the classroom and part in the field.