The Avenger is the Army National Guard’s premier on-the-move defense turret that provides short-range air defense protection against air and land attacks. Lightweight, easily transportable, and equipped with eight powerful Stinger missiles, it’s up to the Avenger System Repairer to maintain the automated systems that keep the Avenger battle-ready.
• Determine malfunctions in electronics, electrical, and cryogenic assemblies; module and circuit elements
• Maintain gyroscopes, sights, and other electro-optical fire control components
• Repair and maintain missile mounts, platforms, and launch mechanisms
• Test and adjust weapons firing, guidance, and launch systems
• Inspect, test, and adjust components
• Remove and replace defective line units
Some of the Skills You’ll Learn
• Use of electronic, electrical, and mechanical test equipment
• Understanding of schematics, drawings, blueprints, and wiring diagrams
• How to operate, test, and maintain weapons systems
• Strong attention to detail
• Interest in working with weapons
Through your training, you will develop the skills and experience to enjoy a civilian career in firms that design, build, and test weapons systems for the military.
Earn While You Learn
Instead of paying to learn these skills, get paid to train. In the Army National Guard, you will learn these valuable job skills while earning a regular paycheck and qualifying for tuition assistance.
Job training for Avenger System Repairers consists of 10 weeks of Basic Training, where you'll learn basic Soldiering skills, and 18 weeks of Advanced Individual Training and on-the-job instruction. Training consists of both classroom and field work.