Our Client in Oakland County, MI is seeking an Accounts Payables Specialist for a contract to hire opportunity!
If you're looking to work with a large automotive company, this may be the opportunity that you've been looking for!
The Accounts Payables Specialist is a key valued employee that is responsible for:
• Processes weekly payables run in an accurate efficient manner including date stamp, data entry of invoice, and electronic filing.
• Ensure all invoices are properly approved before submitting for payment.
• Assists processing in-house Debit and Credit Memo's.
• Publishes A/P aging analysis report
• Generates A/P month-end reports
• Provide Ad Hoc analysis as required by various departments
• Assist with month-end closing procedures.
• General Ledger account analysis as required.
• Assist plant level analysis as required.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST REQUIREMENTS
• 2-5 years experience
• Associates degree in accounting or equivalent.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with detail-oriented tasks (e.g. recordkeeping, vendor payments, etc)
• Make quick and accurate decisions, be organized and a self-starter.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
• Experience with ERP systems
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.