Animal Reclaim Driver – Wade, Wiles, Peach, Perkins (Mercer County) pay rate H07.
DESCRIPTION-Responsible for all jobs outside of the farm to include but not limited to dead removal, rodent baiting, trash removal, site aesthetics, and maintenance repairs, etc. The work area will be outside year round with occasional in-farm work. This position will require the operation of a pickup truck, farm tractor, side dump trailer and other vehicles deemed necessary to complete the job. Construction/maintenance experience preferred but not required. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Collection of trash from each farm location.
• Ensures that dead disposal is completed according to the proper procedures and biosecurity flow, while A) Adhering to proper biosecurity measures, B) Maintaining a time schedule and/or routine, and C) Following safety procedures at all times.
• Ensures that vehicles (inside and out), winch, trailers, and other equipment is properly maintained, cleaned, and disinfected daily.
• Assisting Production farm sites with feed cleanups.
• Responsible for basic preventative maintenance duties.
• Ensures that bait is maintained in all bait boxes for the complex.
• Ensures that site aesthetics are kept to the highest standards.
• Maintains regular communication with farms (reports feedback, etc.) to ensure good customer-supplier relationship.
• Responsible for being in compliance with all environmental laws and procedures to which Smithfield subscribes.
• Reads and understands company’s emergency notification process and is responsible for reviewing that policy at their work site.
• Reporting potential or existing problems to Pyramid Services Supervisor.
• Follow company safety procedures and animal handling policy
• Requires future certifications: PQA, LNM, PIV and Chemical certification.