WKRC has an immediate opening for an organized, creative, and energetic person to lead our morning Content Center. Their role as a newsroom leader will be to inspire and motivate your morning co-workers to continue transforming how we cover news in the Greater Cincinnati area. The ideal candidate will direct the storytelling processes on all platforms. This person will plan all morning news coverage and clearly communicate expectations to the team. They will work closely with staff to ensure content is distributed correctly across all platforms. As a newsroom leader, the expectation is the Content Center Manager will lead by example and work with other managers to empower staff to be their best.
- Lead, plan, and manage content on all platforms
- Transform how morning content is covered in the Cincinnati market
- Communicate clearly when to add content to website, social media and newscasts (in partnership with our morning Executive Producer)
- Clearly articulate coverage plans to news staff, ensure plan is executed
- Be an active leader in all morning news coverage
- Build and maintain relationships with community leaders
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Four-year degree in journalism or communications strongly preferred
- 5-8 years experience
- Intimate knowledge of content-based digital and linear TV products
- Ability to inspire people in a stressful, public setting
- Track record of leading, achieving results on initiatives
- Great people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
- Strong writing skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.