SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
AR Responsibility: On a daily basis prepares invoices in ERP system and submits invoices to Clients. Will process credit card payments if this payment method chosen by Client and record receipt of checks. Submits invoices to clients and attends to any questions or concerns they may have regarding invoices and payments.
AP Responsibility: Timely turnaround of supplier invoices and payments while ensuring all accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Works with our Corporate Finance group in setting up suppliers in the company financial system (Oracle-BOSS).
General Accounts Receivable invoicing functions:
- Reviews billing request from operations team for completeness and readiness for invoicing.
- Prepares invoices in (Oracle-BOSS) ERP system on same day billing request submitted by operations team (handles daily fluctuating volumes).
- Ensures invoices are expediently and correctly sent (electronically) to clients.
General Accounts Receivable payments functions:
- Processes client credit card payments.
- Records all Check payments that are received, reviews for accuracy and submits to bank.
General Accounts Payable functions:
- Code and process a high volume of invoices into the company financial system (Oracle-BOSS) daily.
- Confirm details on the supplier invoice against the client contract and business system to verify charges are correct.
- Ensure expenses are reasonable and consistent with the company travel policy.
- Resolve invoice discrepancies, past due invoices and duplicate payments.
- Review affiliate statements monthly and ensure all invoices are processed.
- Maintain and update the subcontractor rate list.
- Enters new supplier details into company financial system (Oracle-BOSS) for new account set ups.
- Submit name, address and banking changes for suppliers to Finance.
- Provides Corporate Finance with the ACH information for suppliers to update Oracle-BOSS.
General support functions:
- Responds to internal and external inquiries regarding invoices and payments.
- Follows departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Finance/administration certificate and/or 2 years AR/AP/Admin experience would be considered advantageous
- Experience working with an ERP system
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.