- Receives vendor invoices and perform a three-way match for consistency against purchase order, goods receipt, and invoice. About 200+ invoices weekly.
Responsible for verifying receipt of the goods or service to approve the invoice for payment.
- Responsible for the maintenance of merchandise costing. Vendor invoices are compared to product master and maintenance performed when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining vendor files in an accurate, timely and orderly manner utilizing network directory.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely preparation of vouchers for all appropriately signed vendor invoices properly submitted for payment. Confirms that invoices are properly prepared and paid within the terms of payment required by the vendor.
- Makes sure that invoices presented for payment are properly signed, and that appropriate guidance is annotated so that general ledger codes, if not already noted on the invoice, can be assigned.
- If any issue, such as the wrong quantity or price, accounts payable sends the invoice to the buyer, who works to find the source of the issue. Responds to vendor inquiries regarding payment schedules; refers inquiries from vendor accounts to the Controller.
- After the invoice is vouched and all issues are addressed and corrected, checks and payments are issued promptly. Responsible for the accurate and timely mailing of vendor payments.
- Once payment is sent, the invoice is marked as paid in the system.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent education required
- 2-4 years of direct AP experience including 3-way matching process
- Manufacturing industry background, and some inventory costing
- Must understand GL codes and reconciliations as it pertains to Accounts Payable
- Knowledge of appropriate software/programs including Microsoft Excel/Outlook, Accounting software and Network Directory knowledge.
- MS Excel working knowledge and proficiency
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.