Facility: South Bay Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Under general supervision, assists in managing all accounting functions of the facility to include cash control, funds disbursement, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll. Prepares facility financial reports, analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to predict future revenues and expenses.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and maintains employee payroll ensuring that wages are correct and that time sheets are properly approved.
- Researches, complies and analyzes financial data for the preparation of budget, reports, lists, and miscellaneous management requests. Reports organization's finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Makes bank deposits, writes checks, maintains regular balance controls, and reconciles bank statements.
- Makes local purchases and initiates larger purchase requisitions through corporate headquarters.
- Verifies calculations to balance receipts and/or to determine taxes, discounts, deductions and additional charges.
- Assists in the distribution of payroll checks and/or reports to employees and management.
- Maintains the petty cash fund.
- Supervises the practice of accurate inventory of all items in the warehouse, food services, maintenance, or any other area where supplies are stored for distribution.
- Manages office clerical staff, including selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Functions in the role of Business Manager in his/her absence.
- Facilitates special projects as directed by management.
- Performs other duties as assigned.