AWS Cloud Engineer
At Clayton, it is our mission to open doors to a better life and help families build happiness through homeownership since 1956. We have been proud of our dedication to innovation and providing affordable, quality-built homes across America. Clayton is expanding it’s traditional On-Prem IT capabilities to include cloud hosted PaaS and is looking for a Cloud Engineer to join their growing core cloud team. Broad responsibilities will include designing, creating, maintaining, monitoring and troubleshooting core cloud services and resources (networking, permissions, security and more) primarily in AWS. The individual will work closely with the security and developer teams in a DevSecOps model and will be expected to mentor, train and lead fellow colleagues through the transition.
- Manage and support over 38 AWS accounts spread over 4 environments and 8 business units.
- Work directly with the software engineers to provide support, oversight and governance related to the cloud services that they require to enable the delivery of their applications and services.
- Work directly with the security team to assist in the design and implementation of security technology solutions related specifically to securing environments hosted in the cloud.
- Develop standards, qualifications and best practices for cloud best practices for an ultimately multi-cloud strategy.
- Continuing analysis of the current accounts and environments to detect deficiencies, threats and high risks. Recommend solutions for improvement and maintain compliance documentation.
- Design, implement, and support automation capabilities to reduce infrastructure overhead.
- Design, implement, and test disaster recovery and business continuity architecture.
- Understand the costs of cloud computing and find cost optimizations.
- Support, implement, and promote standard configuration and change management process and practices.
- Provide support for prod/non-prod escalations raised from operations and development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information sciences or equivalent focus.
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology
- 3+ years’ hands-on experience managing and working with AWS resources.
- Expertise in cloud security best practices.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a wide range of audiences including security, developer, and IT teams.
- Strong passion for technology and the desire to learn new technologies.
- Ability to support multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Ability to assess customer needs, solutions and suggest appropriate courses of action.
- Experience with regulatory frameworks and compliance.
- Experience as a System Engineer.
- Experience in migrating on premise systems/applications to the cloud.
- Experience in developing automated technology capabilities.
- Experience with programing languages like C#, Java, Python, and PowerShell.
- Experience with CloudFormation, Terraform, Containers.
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Medical and Dental Plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off days and holidays
- Wellness Programs and On-site fitness facility
- On-site restaurant
- Team Share Quarterly Bonus
5000 CLAYTON RD
MARYVILLE, Tennessee, 37804
Job Category: Information Technology